Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life As We Know It

Nursing School. check. Graduation. Check. Almost 38 Weeks Pregnant. Check. Nursing Boards. In Progress.

One week post graduation and I feel like I am just on spring break. I have been frantically getting the "nursery" ready and the rest of the house organized in preparation for Baby G. It's a tall task that I surely didn't think would be this monstrous. Most people spend 7-9 months preparing...I have spent the past...2-3 weeks. However, my mother and father came down for my graduation.  My mother spent 48 hours speed organizing and running a bazillion errands (yes, with her 9 month pregnant daughter in tow but I survived...barely). It was nothing short of amazing. I could not sit here and concentrate more on my boards coming up without her incredible help.  He is coming ready or not and I feel content even though everything isn't exactly where I want it to be. Ehhh.

Just like Errik...I am ready for a schedule change. Our lives have been so hectic and busy with studying, church, school, normal life, working. I am ready for a more "normal" schedule. Yes, I understand a baby changes a "normal" schedule but for the first few weeks to months...I completely welcome chilling in my pjs with babe in tow all day long. (I will look back on this in a few weeks and say HA...I can never sit for more than two days in my pjs at home unless im deathly ill). Lots of things about to change around here. New job. New schedule. New little life to take care of.

I have been feeling great the last 2 weeks. Tired at times. Yes. But no worse than what nursing school put me through! There was this quote I saw online that said "nursing school is a lot like birth, once it's over, you forget how painful the process really was."  As I graduated...I thought to myself...how the heck did I make it through. The answer is family, friends and some professors that kept pushing me through. Errik was truly a blessing over the last 3 years and just couldn't have made it this far without him. We are so excited to see what the next few weeks, months and year will look like. Still a blank slate but that's ok for now.

But listen Baby G, I would really like to take my nursing boards before you come. That, my love, is one request that I have. Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment