Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Times... they are a-changing

So with our little man getting closer and closer to his birthday I am thinking about all the extra time I will have. It seems strange to think this way but there is a reason for it. For whatever reason Renee and I have a penchant for keeping our weekly schedules full to the point where we normally have 1 or 2 evenings free per week. Between serving at Olive Garden, attending our small group, and working with the youth at our church I currently get Friday evening to myself...sort of.

I think one of the things I am looking forward to with the baby is taking a break from all of this. Granted both of us working helps with not having to serve at the OG, but it has been a long time coming since having such an open plate. I'm looking forward to playing with and reading to the little man and learning how to be a good dad.

So what will I do with all this time? I suppose I will do some more reading. I enjoy stories and only wish I spent more time when I was younger in books. I hope I can pass this on to my son as well. Regardless of what my weeks look like, I just know they won't look a lot different.

No comments:

Post a Comment