Monday, July 2, 2012

Settle for a slow down

A lot has changed in these past few weeks.

1. Eli is now a month old...and definitely out of newborn clothes. Hello growing boy.
2. My mom came and stayed for a week. She conquered organizing our apartment, cooked and cleaned for us. Huge blessing.
3. Eli laughed for the first time and had huge smiles.
4. I passed my nursing boards!

As Errik mentioned, it has seemed like the world around us continues to go on while we are in our own little worlds. I am completely okay with that. Ever since coming home from the hospital, I have tried spending most of Eli's sleeping moments studying for my nursing boards...completely sleep deprived and really just wanting to stare at my beautiful baby boy. My mom allowed me to put a little more focus into my exam and was a huge help! Those next 2 days after taking it were the most stressful days of my life. Once I learned that I passed, weight was lifted off and I finally felt like I could enjoy being with my baby boy.  I didn't have a care in the world. I was able to play, laugh and hold Eli without feeling like I had get back to studying as soon as I could.

Eli seems to be getting the hang of this thing called life. He even sleeps for 4-5 hours through the night! (Thanks Eli!) He absolutely loves being outside although time is limited due to increasing temps. I look forward to heading to Chicago in a few weeks and just continuing to hang out with my little man who seems to bring me so much more joy than I have ever could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment