Monday, September 13, 2010

What it is to be blessed

Starting my third week of work as a social worker I am reminded of how blessed I can be without even knowing it. This weekend was filled with many of the things I love including spending time with my wife, hanging out with the 9th grade guys and watching the Packers and USC win some games. It was a great weekend, but every weekend for the next five months could look the same if I'm not careful. What I mean is that my life as a christian, as a husband, as a social worker had to be balanced.

It seems guys often get overwhelmed with the "fun" parts of life like sports but end up missing some of the more important things like building relationships. I hope I can find a balance that the lord will be pleased with. Whether that means limiting my time in front of a tv or computer or taking the effort to spend time with the 9th grade guys I'm working with, I hope I am up for the challenge. If I can find a good balance I think I will do something better than just be blessed...I might be able to bless others with the gifts God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment