Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Something Interesting to Say

Another couple weeks has gone by and we are getting closer and closer to our baby boy making his debut. He has been kicking Renee nonstop but I think he knows when someone wants to feel him kick because he seems to stop as soon as I put my hand on her stomache. I'm gonna take that as a sign that I have a soothing effect on him.

We are pretty sure on what we are going to name him, but I think we are keeping it under wraps till the big day. That is if Renee can keep a secret for a few more months (I'm guessing she can't haha).

So with this blog thing I think I should make sure it is not just a bunch of updates on our life but also has some substance. I think there should be stuff on here that I would enjoy reading. I guess that has to do with that fact that I'm a nerd and actually enjoy learning (I hope thats one thing my son gets from me).

This year I'm trying to stay invested in books. I like reading for fun, for growth, or for learning. I'm reading Brave New World right now. It's a cool book and makes you think about a lot of cool stuff. Probably the most interesting idea is that we all need the freedom to experience pain or we are really just numb to everything. It is only through experiencing the storms that we can appreciate the sunshine. The book basically boils down to the idea that it is quite sad to live a life only of happiness. I suppose a lot of lottery winners could attest to that idea. Hopefully I can appreciate this concept in the tougher times.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment